Friday, February 11, 2011

Bedazzled Mama Allen

Last night, Ray Allen became the NBA's all-time leader in 3-pointers made, beating out Reggie "Spike Lee Joint" Miller for the crown. But I don't give a shit. Is it strange that both of these men are absolute dickheads? I think three point shooters have Napoleon complexes- it's like they can't dribble, crossover, and posterize centers, so they stand behind the line and crank out 3's all night. It's a personality trait more than anything else. Of course, it just could have something to do with how they are raised. Did it seem strange to anyone that Ray Allen's mom, Flo Allen, was allowed to walk onto the court at TD Banknorth immediately following the big "3-pointer" during the television timeout to hug Reggie Miller and kick it with her son on the bench? First off, I don't even let my mom come behind the bar when I bartend. Second, does Reggie Miller have any idea who this woman is? I felt bad for Ray's wife who had to stay in her seat during the whole fiasco, holding on to all their kids, clapping and smiling while Flo pranced around the Garden with her bedazzled "MOM ALLEN" jersey on. I understand she's a proud mother, but she practically got as much face-time as her son, who actually did something incredible. I don't know, it just doesn't seem fair that Flo gets court access, and poor Jack Nichølson has to sit peacefully in his seat, cursing at the officials from a safe distance. I say if anyone deserves to be on the court hugging dudes and giving props, it's Jack. The Lakers have Easy Rider, The Shining, and One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest. The Celtics have an annoying mother with a bad sense of fashion. I think we all know who won this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment