Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Dipped in the Spit of Williamsburg


Dipped in the spit of Williamsburg
I wear my aura on my shoelaces
And they are blue and thinning

She seemed to smile when I apologized
She seemed to show a tooth over a drink
Maybe we danced like ghosts

Holy fuck
The clouds were thick and low and together
That evening when she said “come”
I felt the sheets slide against my back

The words may have been French novels
The thoughts may have been scenes from downtown
It is all something like an empty dock in a hurricane

Sometimes I press a thumb to the dirty sidewalk
And imagine her footprint is somewhere underneath it
And my nails want to rip into something that isn’t there

Over a drink I am alone in a cloud of lowness
I am not dancing with another tooth
Smiles have become similes of smiling

But the buttered rabbit was delicious
And the wine made me feel good in a pair of lips
dipped in the spit of Williamsburg













No comments:

Post a Comment